Monday, February 26, 2007

Waving.


This is pretty much all I accomplished this weekend. Whoop-dee-doo, no? After seeing this cutie by Anna Maria, I needed one with a big old cherry-printed "E" and a handful of buttons and some crocheted laceyness. I love stuff with my name on it (like my husband, right!?) because I am a dweeb. It's not that I think "Erin" is the most amazing and spectacular first name ever (not that there is anything wrong with it), it just makes me feel special. I'm mad because I haven't seen any "Erin Go Braugh" St. Patrick's stuff this year to festoon my little house with. Wow, I'm going to stop because this is getting far too dorky.


This is how we spent Saturday night. WHEE! Power outage for almost 3 hours. We couldn't make a pizza with no electricity, nevermind that we had no heat and no way to watch L&O:SVU on DVD. It sucked. NO PIZZA, YOU GUYS.


Granny Square Count has reached 20. I have a new plan. I am weaving in the yarn tails as I go along now (ok I still have 8 left that need their tails darned), because I do not want the reason I never finish the blanket to be because I let 1690 little yarn ends scare me. I have to go buy a ball of red because that is the only color I am really missing (secret: I don't have any purple but I don't think that's going to be a problem. I do not love purple. I have too much PINK, are you surprised?) and if I only have to buy one ball of yarn to complete this project, I don't think anyone can call the Use What You Have police on me. What knitter doesn't cheat on their yarn diet? Fr realzies.

1 comment:

jenna said...

My dad always joked that when the electricity went out, that we'd all have to watch tv by candlelight...good one, Dad!