Thursday, February 22, 2007

Crumbling.



I made these biscuits last night from the recipe off the can of Zingerman's Irish oatmeal. They are so good it's frightening. With that much butter, yeah, they had better be transcendant. I think baking a batch of these took less time than actually making porridge.

Irish Oatmeal Biscuits (about 2 dozen 2" biscuits)

3/4 cup Stone-Ground Irish oatmeal
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 3 tablespoons salted butter
1/4 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350° F. Mix together oats and flour. Rub in the butter and add the sugar. Knead mixture into a pliable dough. Rocll out dough to 1/8" thickness. Cut the dough into rounds or rectangles, about 2" across. Place biscuits on a floured baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, about 12-14 minutes.

Also, I added a few sprinkles of ground cinnamon to my coffee grounds. I didn't know French press coffee could get any better, but I found a way. Scrummy.

Have a super day.

But time is on your side, it's on your side now
Not pushing you down, and all around
It's no cause for concern.

1 comment:

jenna said...

Maybe I need a French press. I can NOT make decent coffee at home.