Thursday, May 25, 2006

lovely.


i've convinced myself i enjoy untangling knots. and sometimes it can be satisfying. but this afternoon after unsnarling three raging knots of epic proportions, i began to think "what did i ever do to cascade and why do they enjoy me suffering?". i wanna know whose stupid idea it was to sell yarn put up in anything but a center-pull ball. seriously. this is a picture of my works-in-progress "basket". i would love to replace this stupid tupperware moonstrosity with a lovely basket but i live with two hell-raiser cats who would steal and proceed to shred anything fiberous they could get their paws on.

BUT DON'T DISPAIR OVER AESTHETICALLY UNPLEASING STORAGE SOLUTIONS BECAUSE

POINTY, THE BEST SECRETPAL EVER IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY. do you SEE that CUPCAKE BOOK? most important volume ever published. if i made a batch of cupcakes once a week (which i won't cos i don't think all the yoga videos in the world could counteract that) it would take me roughly ten years to use every recipe in that book. TEN YEARS OF CUPCAKES!!! not to mention the lovely candy and tea and cute flipflops. thank you, pointy, you rule. when i opened the box, you can ask my husband even, i was all I LOVE MY SECRET PAL I HAVE THE BEST SECRET PAL EVER! no joke. hearts, pointy <33333.

oh and speaking of swap fever, which apparently i have, i have also joined up with what's cookin?, an adorable apron and recipe swap organized by the lovely sarah and mary. i'm excited, and they don't mind that i am a veggie! so here is my meme : )

1. first apron (that you can remember): green and floral print waist apron of my mom's with flowers for pockets. much cuter than her dumb full length "kiss the cook" type of corny one.

2. last (most recent) apron: a borrowed quasi spanish-looking waist apron of alisia's with a chicken on it, with a heart that ends up right over the wearer's uterus haha.

3. dream/favorite apron: the knitted one i made for my BFA show (it's on my flickr)

4. dream sewing machine: OH I AM GETTING IT. it's my graduation present from my dear parents. they wrote me a check and said um you can go shopping for it weeee don't know what you want. husquevarna viking emerald 118, baby, at 15% off. my other dream is that someone figures out why my serger gave up on me and refuses to serge.

5. what do you put in your pockets? or what strange thing have you ever found in them?: candy wrappers. hubby always tells me my pocket is not a trash can. but it kind of is.

6. condiment(s) you can't live without: cheap crappy yellow mustard.

7. do you wear more showy aprons or dutiful ones?: i dig the fancy.

8. favorite cooking gadget: i am crazy for my french press. it makes coffee so good i don't put sugar in it (!)

9. cooking gagdet that promised the world but didn't deliver: damn silicone pot grabber thing that totally transmits heat like a mofo YOU LET ME DOWN.

10. a recipe that you know by heart and any stories behind it: my friend tristan gave me his copy of the moosewood cookbook and i love it to death. i can pretty much make the swiss and mushroom quiche with my eyes closed. tristan soon after renounced flesh and returned to the vegetarian life, bless his little heart. maybe i would feel bad about being in possession of one of the best veg cookbooks ever if it weren't for the party where lisa and t made bacon and i ended up being the one to scrub out the pan full of ANIMAL FAT the next morning. (t you know i heart you yr my effer fo life.)

i talk way too much. big love. see you chicks_with_sticks tonight. xo.

No comments: