Friday, January 26, 2007

gleaning.


so i transferred from joann 1943 to joann 1645. i'm a freakin' lifer. i think my three favorite places in the store are the DMC floss display, the calico wall, and the notions wall. there is something about these spots that just make me feel like anything is possible. did you know that DMC makes 454 colors of six strand cotton floss? the greatest gift i could ever receive is one skein of each. oh my lord. each 8 yard skein is twenty-five cents worth of joy. i dont think you even have to quilt to enjoy the calico. i just love the prints. and notions. don't even get me started. those little glassheaded pins in the rainbow colors. and D-RINGS. i love d-rings. whatever gets you inspired. i need to be reminded that anything is possible. i wish to feel that way more often.


(can you tell i'm having a lousy time finding a "real" job?)


anyways. this is a short list of words that i think everyone should stop using so loosely: random. ecclectic. organic.


how long has it been since i actually posted knitting content? jeezaloo. ugh. sorry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love you!

And totally agree about "eclectic"

Anonymous said...

I saw a thing about the definition of "organic" on the Today show this weekend.

Did I ever tell you that one of my biggest pet peeves is how people misuse the term "literally?" As in, "The weight LITERALLY melted off my body!" No. It didn't.

Here's a very short list of words I think people should start using more liberally: jeezaloo.

Anonymous said...

you don't like my eclectic beats?